Lightfair International (LFI) has opened speaker applications to experts in the lighting, technology, and design industries to apply to speak at LFI 2020, the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference, happening May 3-7, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV. The application is open now and will close on Monday, September 9, 2019.
Applications must be completed online at Lightfair.com/call-for-speakers. Applicants are asked to submit a title, description, learning objectives, and biography.
“The Lightfair International Conference is a collaborative platform where experts come together to demonstrate best practices and inspire new ways of thinking,” says Dan Darby, LFI Senior VP. “We encourage thought leaders from across the lighting, technology and design industries to come to Las Vegas and use the LIGHTFAIR stage to share their innovations and inspiration with the global lighting and technology industry.”
The LFI Conference targets a range of professionals including aggregators, architects, commissioning agents, construction professionals, contractors, controls specialists, energy consultants, energy integrators, engineers, facility managers, IT managers, interior designers, landscape architects, lighting designers, lighting specifiers and systems integrators plus representatives from energy services companies, governments, municipalities and utilities. The conference also draws industry researchers, educators and students plus manufacturers and sales representatives.
The conference features various learning durations, learning levels, and learning modalities. LFI is accepting applications for in-depth studies of topics presented as one-day courses, two-day courses, and three-hour workshops and shorter 60-minute, 90-minute, and three-hour sessions. Courses levels are designated as Foundational, Intermediate, Advanced and All Levels (full descriptions of the levels is on the application website).
Learning Modalities include:
- Experiential Learning (3-hour minimum): Participants are actively engaged with the session through the use of things like hands on activity, design charrette, software training, etc.
- Rapid Fire: (60 minutes): Four presenters will have 10 minutes each sharing big ideas on a related topic; allowing for a minimum of 20 minutes of Q&A.
- Panel Presentation (90 minute minimum): Up to four presenters delivering different views about a topic or project.
- Moderated Discussion (90 minute minimum): A moderated panel discussion or debate throughout the session. The session can include up to four presenters (including the moderator). The moderator’s function is to pose questions to panel members to solicit perspectives.
- Tour (3-hour minimum): An in depth exploratory discussion and visit to a local lighting installation or significant project.
- Lecture: Traditional engaging presentation -- demonstrations, case studies, or interactive exercises are encouraged.
For LFI 2020, the conference will take place from Sunday, May 3 to Thursday, May 7, 2020. The LFI Trade Show will run from Tuesday, May 5 to Thursday, May 7, 2020 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
For more information, go to www.lightfair.com.