ESTA and USITT have announced the session lineup for the New World Rigging Symposium, taking place March 13-14, 2018 in conjunction with the USITT Conference and Stage Expo 2018 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. In these 10 sessions, participants will be given the opportunity to further their technical knowledge, keep up to date with codes and standards, and learn what it’s like to work as a rigger in other segments of the entertainment industry. Attendees will also hear from experts in related fields. Full session descriptions can be found at www.esta.org/nwrs_sessions.
- Keynote Address: Scott Fisher
- Show Rigging on Cruise Ships. Big ideas. Tiny venues.
- Ground Support Concert Rigs
- ANSI Standards and ICOPER. Paperwork that’s actually useful.
- OSHA, Risk Assessments and Rigging Emergency Action Plans
- Damn it, Jim. I’m a chain hoist, not a winch.
- Automation and Touring. Because we can.
- Structural Engineering. For when guessing just won’t do.
- Training, Certification and Liability. It’s a good start.
- Young Riggers Networking Lunch
- Hot Button Issues
The New World Rigging Symposium will also include multiple opportunities for attendees to network and a special lunch will include young industry members keen to learn from the professionals about how to pursue a career as a rigger.
Registration for the Symposium is now open at www.usittshow.com/registration. Registration for the two-day symposium, including lunches, is US$375 and attendees will receive a free show floor pass to the USITT Stage Expo March 15-17. Attendees wishing to attend the full USITT Conference will receive a discounted price of US$675 for both events.